TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Risk Warning: The Organising Authority advises owners, skippers and anyone who participates in yachting events conducted by the Organising Authority that participation in the sport of yachting, whether racing or otherwise, can be dangerous and can result in harm, personal injury and property damage. The Organising Authority is not responsible for any harm or injury suffered by any person in any yachting event conducted by the Organising Authority of whatever nature. All participants acknowledge that competing in yachting events may be dangerous and may result in harm or personal injury and participate in such events aware of such dangers and voluntarily accept any risk of harm.
- Competitors Declaration: It is the responsibility of owners and skippers to ensure that each boat nominated on the entry form complies with the 'rules' as defined in the RRS.
- All competitors who sign the entry form, in doing so, have made a declaration to the Organising Authority that the nominated boat will, at all times while racing, comply with the requirements of Yachting Australia,
Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions, including:
- RRS 46 and it is the responsibility of the person in charge of the boat to ensure that the crew complies with RRS 46;
- The Yachting Australia Special Regulations;
- Adequate current Third Party Property Liability Insurance and Third Party Personal Liability cover of not less than $5,000,000 (five million dollars) for any one incident. All insurance shall be maintained during the period of racing;
- The person who signs and lodges the entry form with the Organising Authority, warranting to the Organising Authority that he or she will draw the attention of any person who competes on the yacht, the subject of the entry form in any event conducted by the Organising Authority of the risk warning above; and
- The person who signs and lodges this entry form with the Organising Authority, acknowledging receipt of the risk warning above and releasing the Organising Authority from any claim or liability whatsoever for any harm or personal injury suffered by him, or by any person claiming through him, in any event conducted by the Organising Authority.
4. Responsibilities: All those taking part in these races do so at their own risk and responsibility. Specific attention is drawn to RRS 4 which states; "The responsibility for a boat's decision to participate in a race or to continue racing is hers alone". The Largs Bay Sailing Club, Race Committee and other race officials are not responsible for any damage or injury either afloat or ashore prior to, during or after the event.
We hereby release Largs Bay Sailing Club, NS14 Association of Australia Inc., NS14 Association of South Australia, Yachting Australia, Yachting SA and any representative thereof, from any claim or demand that we may have or deem to have, on our behalf arising out of any loss or injury that may occur, on or arising out of the 2017-18 National NS14 Championship. We indemnify Largs Bay Sailing Club, NS14 Association of Australia Inc., NS14 Association of South Australia, Yachting Australia, Yachting SA and any representative thereof against any claim that may be made. We also have third-party liability insurance cover of not less than $5 million for one incident. We agree to be bound by the Racing Rules of Sailing and by all other rules that govern this Championship.